Sunday, August 21, 2005

It's Over!


The program is over. We had our closing party for the executive program tonight. We invited all the faculty and employers of our internships and had some food, wine and merriment. My friend Monica (also part of the program) fixed a fabulous menu of unique tapas (appetizers) including Tostones with Chorizo and Creme Fraiche, Tri-Tip Tacos w/ Chipotle-Chocolate sauce and a variety of cheeses, olives, and vegetables. It was a very nice affair. We gave gifts to our wonderful directors, and our exeecutive director Barbara Nicolosi shared some kind words about us and how this "experiment" of us being the first executive class has been such a success. We in the program whole-heartedly agree. Many of us have secured jobs (including myself) and have met many people in the industry while taking more than 150 hours of coursework from Hollywood professionals. We're all a little sad to have the program end, but also happy to move on w/ the knowledge attained and relationships we've created to begin doing what we want to do. Tomorrow, I begin working at the agency I've been interning at. I will work in the mornings from home doing freelance video editing and then at the agency in the afternoon.
Next week, I'll be moving into a new apartment in LaCrescenta with a friend. I'm also looking forward to eating some goat at a Jamaican restaurant this Thursday. Stay tuned...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hurray for a job!
(and for yummy treats made by monica...sigh...)

Anonymous said...

Hey John, give me a call.

And congrats on a successful program!

Richard

Charlie said...

Hey John...time for a new blog entry!!!